Monday, January 2, 2012

Love Letter


To My True Love,

I have seen dark times in my life, times where all seemed lost or impossible but now there is a light that shines so bright that I can't help but feel alive.  There was a time when I couldn't believe or see potential in myself but your love has shown me a more beautiful reflection of a person that I never knew existed   You loved me when I couldn't love myself, when I thought no one could.  You have taken my imperfection and and made them perfect in your sight.  You have given me life and revealed to me my gifts.  

Noises and voices of this world use to clutter my mind, telling me that I wasn't good or deserving enough, but your loving voice now overshadows theirs and reminds me of all that is good and beautiful.  I never deserved your faithfulness and yet I received it, never was I worthy of your love but now I am filled with it.  There is no place that I can go that you don't go with me, no pain that I feel that you don't feel too, no problem that I face that you don't endure with me.   

You are my true love, my source of comfort and strength.  I can scarcely remember the me that existed before you, nor do I want to.  It is so amazing to see how your love has changed me and the way I look at this world now.  Your peace fills me, allowing me a freedom that I never knew existed.  Because of your love I have joy in every circumstance, hope during moments of chaos, and strength in the midst of my storms.

I am flawed and have failed you at times and yet your love for me remains steadfast without conditions.  I strive to be the person you see when you look at me, and I long to appear as lovely to the world as I do in your eyes.  

I have heard your voice, felt your touch and seen your face in my heart.  I rest in the palm of your hands knowing that if I am with you than there is none that can truly be against me.  I will walk through the trials of this life with peace and joy knowing that despite my pain there is love waiting for me in your arms.  

Your love has shown me that I am more than the choices that I have made, that I am worthy of forgiveness and grace, beautiful and deserving of admiration....forgiven and redeemed.  There is no greater love than yours and I am grateful to have received it.  
I love you for all that you have been, all that you are, and all that you will be.


Yours Truly & Forever, 
Carrie

Romans 8:37-39
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,  Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
your photo name

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing!!! You are so beautiful inside and out, and that is so rare to find. You are such a great role model for your family and I am very blessed to know you :) love you Carebear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet Jenna-bug, thank you for your beautiful words. I feel the same about you. I am so proud of the woman that you have become and feel so blessed to have known you through your journey. Your beautiful face is a reminder to me of things that I have done right in my life. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

If you really want to make me smile then leave me a message, I would love to hear your thoughts....