Thursday, September 15, 2011

In The Quiet of The Calm

I have noticed something about my relationship with God, when my life is peaceful and quiet I tend to neglect Him more.   When I am broken and scared I am consumed with His word and I can't think about Him enough.

And then the darkness passes and I start standing on my own a little more... depending on God a little less.  There is nothing I love more than to feel my God close to me, so why do I continue to allow this to happen.  

My God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.... 

My life goal is to make sure that God is the most important part of my day, everyday, no matter what my circumstances might be.  I don't want to be a fair-weather friend, seeking Him only in times of need.  God doesn't want to just occasionally celebrate with me, He wants to celebrate every single moment.  I couldn't imagine Him not being there when I need Him, but yet how often have I had my attention directed away from Him.

I would be heartbroken if my children only came to me when they were hurt or sad, I want the joy of seeing their happiness as well.... so it only stands to reason that my heavenly Father feels the same way about me!

Addyson, Kayla, Bella, and T.C. ~ July 2009

So in the quiet of this calm I will remain faithful to you Lord... so when the next storm comes I will already be holding Your hand!

Psalm 73:28


28 But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.
your photo name

1 comment:

If you really want to make me smile then leave me a message, I would love to hear your thoughts....