Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ten Decades Worth of Happiness Wrapped Up Into One

I can scarcely believe it to be true but it has already been ten years since I first held that beautiful little boy in my arms.  In that very instance something amazing happened, a transformation that I could have never anticipated.  There weren't any swirling winds or dramatic background music but a transformation took place in me non the less.
Ten years ago on this day I went from being "Me" to "Mommy". 
I went from thinking I knew what true love was, to feeling emotions I never knew existed.   

I can remember watching his little chest rise and fall and thinking, "How did God take my heart and put it in this little body?"  Suddenly in a single moment I became more vulnerable than I had ever been in my entire life.  I realized it was much easier to protect my heart when it existed inside of me but now it lived inside this fragile little creature that depended on me.
All the trivial concerns of  the day before suddenly didn't seem to have a place in my life anymore. 

My little man has changed my life for the better and I am thrilled that God saw fit to charge me with the awesome responsibility of rearing him into the man he was called to be.

Sweet little bullfrog, I love seeing the world through your beautiful and unique perspective.  You are so full of life and you care so deeply for others that your compassion is contagious.   I am so proud of the way you freely love others and the giving heart that guides you.  I love you more than you will ever know...even when your making all of those very loud and oh so energetic sound effects!  





Happy Birthday Sweet Little Man!
(I can't believe I have a little one that is in double digits.... I guess it's only the beginning!)



                            Bullfrog's List of Faves

Favorite Toy ~ Ninjas
Favorite Movie ~ Train Your Dragon
Favorite Game ~ Lego Star Wars
Favorite Food ~ Steak
Favorite Color ~ Red
Favorite T. V Show ~ Poke Mon
Favorite Bible Character ~ David
Favorite Time of Year ~ August and December
Favorite Sport ~ Football
     Favorite Thing to Do Outside ~ Camping and Fishing
        Favorite Thing to Do Inside ~ Play With Action Figures
                                           Favorite Time of Day ~ After School
                                               Favorite Day of The Week ~ Saturday and Sunday
                                                Favorite Place To Go ~ Disney World
                                              Favorite Number ~ 9

Favorite Person in The Whole World ~ Mama (okay so I added that one myself)


 Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.
Psalms 127:3-5 
your photo name

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you really want to make me smile then leave me a message, I would love to hear your thoughts....