Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Heart of a Bullfrog

My biggest bullfrog has such a sweet heart and I am so proud of the way that he freely shares it with others.  I have learned so much from his tender ways and I couldn't be prouder of him.

The other day while he was out playing with his friends the boys began to discuss their future careers.
  "I want to be in the Air Force", he said proudly.  "Really aren't you afraid of dying?" they asked him. "No because God is in control!"  One of the boys expressed his confusion, "You mean God controls stuff like that?",  "Well don't you think that if God can handle creating the universe and all that is in it then he can handle my life just fine?" said my little bullfrog.  "Wow, I didn't realize that...pretty cool!",  his friend responded.

We should all be so bold and excited to share with our friends that our God is amazing and quite capable of pretty incredible things.  My biggest bullfrog is a wonderful example to me of how we should't keep God's love to ourselves.  As adults we tend to live in a jaded world, forgetting that we have a job to do...we MUST let other's know that they were created for so much more than what they are experiencing.  This world is not the end, it is only the means to an end... A place to prepare us for our real home.

Loneliness, frustration, anger, and hurt...don't exist where we are going.  They live only on this side of heaven and will remain here long after we are gone.  We can't let ourselves be destroyed by them and we have a responsibility to others to help them break free as well.

So in the words of my wise little bullfrog, "Don't you think if God can handle creating the universe and all that is in it then he can handle (your) life just fine?"

 “It is about the greatness of God, not the significance of man. God made man small and the universe big to say something about himself.”

— John Pipe

Matthew 19:26 But Jesus looked at them and said,  “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”


your photo name

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you really want to make me smile then leave me a message, I would love to hear your thoughts....