Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Decade plus 1

I lived many years before I figured out my purpose in life....and then one day I reached the place in my journey when everything finally made sense...  August 28, 2002 I became a mother.

I won't pretend that it has always been easy but I couldn't imagine my life any other way!  If you asked me eleven years ago what motherhood would be like I would have probably have given you a first time parents view of a uncertain world.

But my experiences thus far have taught me many things...
~ crying babies eventually stop crying,                                
                  ~ bruises don't always mean concussions,
               ~ teething eventually ends,    
   ~ children aren't perfect but your love for them should be
~ discipline may change behavior but discipleship changes hearts
        ~ not all kids sleep through the night,
~ children develop at their own rate....without regard to what the books say
~ little ones have minds of their own,
              ~ all children are gifted at something,
                                ~ your comparisons to others are never accurate
                                                        ~your children won't always like you...and vise verse
~ mistakes are always accompanied by apologies... this goes for the children too
~ children have no regard for TIME,                                ~ life looks a lot more beautiful through little eyes,
                                         ~ flexibility breads enjoy-ability
~ nothing replaces pleases and thank yous,                                   ~ little hands make mighty big messes,
                                              ~ just-a-minutes never take only one minute,
                                              ~ in a blink of an eye today will turn into yesterday
~ little hearts quickly grow regardless of how much love they are filled with... so we must not waste a single opportunity
  ~ Mommies and Daddies only get one chance to get it right!

But most importantly I have learned that I must cherish every moment that I am privileged enough to have with these beautiful blessing from above

Thank you sweet boy for challenging  me daily to be a better mother tomorrow then I was today.
                                             
   
Happy Birthday Todd Christopher
I love you to the moon and back again!


greatest-most-difficult-day-of-my-life

                       

James 1:17  Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change



your photo name

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you really want to make me smile then leave me a message, I would love to hear your thoughts....