Saturday, September 14, 2013

365 Days Old



I can't believe an entire year has passed since I held that sweet little guy in my arms for the first time.  I think all mothers must go through that same disbelief, wondering how so much time can pass without us realizing it. We get so busy with the day to day stuff that we forget that each of those minutes will pass by us virtually unnoticed.

I have learned so much this past year, things that I wish I wouldn't have had to add to my knowledge base.  I would have thought that after having four children I would have seen and experienced almost everything...and then I meet my little bullfrog!  I am a different person because of this sweet boy and his special needs...I am more compassionate, more understanding of what others are going through, and far more appreciative of the joy within me.  I am learning to embrace what makes him different because it is what makes him so special.  Someone asked me the other day, "how can you still be smiling after all that you are going through?"  My answer is the same for this situation as it is for all hard times that I face.... my strength doesn't not come from this earth therefore nothing from this earth will ever been strong enough to steal my joy!

Psalm 5:11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; Spread your protection over them,    let them ever sing for joy.    that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

                                           My dear little man,

I feel so blessed to have been chosen to be your mother and  I am so grateful for the little things that your life teaches me daily.  You are such a special boy and  have so much strength for someone so little.  Thank you for the sweet ways that you show your love for me and for the smiles that you still manage to freely give after so much turmoil.  You are an amazingly resilient little man that has blessed this family with your presence.  I can't wait to see all of the extraordinary things that God has planned for your life.

Love you always and forever,
Mama



Things that you are doing~
*Speed crawling everywhere
*Taking many steps (but not yet taking off walking....although you could if you wanted too)
*You have a bashful little head tilt that you do when people talk to you (probably my favorite thing you do)
*Started saying Hi to people
*Wave Good-bye
*Say da-da and sometimes ma-ma
*Love to make clicking noises with your mouth
*Trying to repeat people
*Starting to not mind bath time
*You don't like to eat food but you pretend chew while others eat
*You love getting attention from your siblings
*You are finally able to eat bananas, pears and sweet potatoes (this is a BIG deal)
*You get your special formula through your NG tube (that you pulled out twice...so far)
*You have the most amazing little giggle
*You like to give Mama big slobbery kisses
*You love hearing your voice echo and making earth shaking screaming noises in public

~Cohen Facts~
Born on September 14, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Birth weight was 7 pounds and 3 ounces
You have Beautiful Brown Eyes
Have been diagnosed with Asthma and FPIES
Gained almost 2 pounds in two weeks after starting your NG tube
You have been in the hospital 6 times
You have a rare condition called FPIES and Asthma
Wear 12 month clothes
Size 3-4 shoes
You have 4 teeth on top and 2 1/2 on the bottom
You seem to have super human strength at times
You have the special ability to melt hearts everywhere you go

Happy First Birthday Sweet Little Man!



 John 16:21  When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.





your photo name

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you really want to make me smile then leave me a message, I would love to hear your thoughts....