Thursday, August 11, 2011

Setting The Mood

I've noticed that the mood in which I begin my morning sets the tone for the rest of my day.  I love to be able to get up early, have my devotions, get dressed and unload my dishwasher before my angels arise.  If I can manage to accomplish these tasks I feel better preparded for whatever the day may have in store.  The truth of the matter is when A, B, C, and D don't happen I feel like I am playing catch-up the rest of the day.

Not only does my mood affect MY day but it also sets the tone for my four little ducklings.  The way I feel directly affects the way they relate to me and to each other....no pressure, right!!!   I have to shake off my mood so that I don't infect my whole house with my poor attitude.  It is so easy to get into a mind set and not come out of it.  Sometimes I will catch myself using the same tone of voice over and over again, whether warranted or not.  I have learned the hard way that my kids will take on my mood,  their actions are a reflection of my attitude.  So for the sake of my entire house I will do my best to wake up in the morning and get out on the right side of the bed.




Children are a great means of accountability, giving us motivation to be 
the people that we need to be.
your photo name

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you really want to make me smile then leave me a message, I would love to hear your thoughts....