Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Walking Through The Fog

May 2012

Well I guess you could say that I have spent the past few months walking around in a fog.  It is a surreal feeling when you spend countless years working towards something and then suddenly there it is standing in front of you.  It was almost as if I never thought it would get here so I stopped looking for it and almost didn't recognize it once it arrived.

Standing there under the shade of the huge white tent I watched as 12 years of hard work was acknowledged.  I was proud yet numb....I know that doesn't make much sense but the truth is the fog had set in around me,  I was trying to convince myself that we had finally reached the unreachable.  So much hard work went into to getting to here that I almost didn't know how to shut off that survival mode to enjoy the it.  We have been walking towards this moment for so long that I almost didn't recognize it when we walked through it!

It is still slowly becoming a reality for me.  There are countless moments when we will look at each other and say...."We really did it, didn't we?"  We also reflect on the difficulties and struggles with an almost fondness.  It's true....even those very difficult and dark times somehow bring us joy in our reflection.  Maybe because we realize now that through it all we did it together, we struggled...together, prayed...together, and we made our own joy when it seemed there was none.  We looked forward to every opportunity to be together because it brought us such comfort in the difficult days.  These years have taught us so much about what is truly important in life...and for that I am grateful.

The fog is beginning to lift as the reality of our new today begins.  We have enjoyed many weeks of freedom with Todd and as residency takes off, we realize once again what a wonderful gift we have been given.  I have no doubt that this adventure will too have it's hardships but like before we will pull together and find joy in every opportunity.

Romans 1:16-17
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes to the Jew first and also to the Greek.  For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith  as it is written, "The righteous shall live by faith."

your photo name

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you really want to make me smile then leave me a message, I would love to hear your thoughts....