Thursday, June 30, 2011

If I Give Them The World

I have a deep desire to give my children everything that their little hearts desire.  I want them to have all of the latest gadgets and toys, beautiful clothes, and educational items.  But  I also have another desire.. a far greater one, I have a desire for them to be everything they were created to be.


So I refrain and I say no... simply because my heart knows that if I give them everything then they miss out on the true gifts of life.  I realize that it will be many years from now before my little ones truly understand that my NO is a gift to them, but I will stand my ground because I see the bigger picture..


What they don't know is that I am doing something better than giving them everything.  I am teaching them that the most important things in life don't come form a box, and that things earned are much more valuable than those things that are simply given to you.  Having pride in themselves and their achievements will give them a much greater sense of appreciation for everything in life.  


If I give them the world then I have deprived them of the opportunity to discover it for themselves and the feeling of achievement that comes with it!

Anything in life worth having comes by means of dedication and hard work.  
your photo name