Thursday, October 13, 2011

Colors of Fall

Today as I sat and watched the beautiful shades of orange, red, and yellow fall around me I was reminded of why I love this State.  This is a gorgeous time to live in West Virginia and I am so thankful for the beauty that surrounds me.


This is one of those times that you wait all year for and when it finally gets here it seems to pass by so quickly.  These beautiful colors on the trees aren't here for very long and if I don't take a few moments and take them all in then I might miss what I have been waiting so long to see.
It is so hard to sometimes take the time to just look up.... but WOW what an eyeful I get when I finally do.


This seems to be a reoccurring theme in my life....look forward and wait for something....and then watch it pass by in a flash.  I look back at so many celebrations and events in our lives only to wish that I had enjoyed them more.  I want to learn to relish in every moment not longingly looking back or anxiously looking forward, but to live in the glory of today.

Seasons in our lives pass so quickly and with every new one comes new adventures and celebration, all worthy of my full attention in that moment.  

I am going to try to look up more and not get bogged down with everyday stuff, because if I am not careful I just might wait to long to look up and realize that although I accomplished a lot of routine things I missed the true beauty that was with me all along.

So today......
I am thankful for the cool gentle breeze, the floating array of colors, the laughter I hear through my window, and the tiny drumming of infant toys.  Tomorrow will have it's own joys to discover but for now I am going to focus on the beauty of today.

your photo name

3 comments:

  1. You have the right idea, Carrie, and you will never regret enjoying those moments!
    Teresa Hallock (I can't figure out how to post) I will experiment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Teresa....I don't ever want to look back with regret, wishing that I had appreciated these moments more.

    ReplyDelete

If you really want to make me smile then leave me a message, I would love to hear your thoughts....