Friday, October 7, 2011

The Enemy In The Mirror

I have realized something about myself....
I am my own worst enemy at times, criticizing myself far more then anyone else ever could.  I have set certain standards and expectations for myself... I will admit that some of these things could be quite impossible to achieve.

I have a tendency to let myself become discouraged when I "fail" or get behind.  My responsibilities are so great because there are so many little ones depending on me.  I know that I will never be perfect, however I will always strive for perfection!

My new attitude:
Embrace the failures because they are opportunities to learn and grow, showing me a new perspective of each situation.  I am learning to laugh at myself more and only measure me.... against me.  I am wonderfully made in a perfect image and because of that reason alone I will strive to always live each day better than the day before.  






There will be plenty of mistakes made today and just as many reasons to give up. But today is different...I will not listen to the enemy in the mirror telling me I failed.  Today I will celebrate every chance I get and not let discouragement steal my joy!

It's going to be a great day!
  
your photo name

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts. Such an inspiration even to me whose children are grown. Love you as one of mine own.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pam! We love you so much, thank you for providing my sister with an amazing husband.

    ReplyDelete

If you really want to make me smile then leave me a message, I would love to hear your thoughts....