Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Wisdom of a Child

I have to say that I have learned more in the eight short years since I became a parent than in all the years prior.  I believe that the best way to learn something is to teach it to someone else, that's when you truly grasp the concept.  It isn't until you see through someone else's eyes (even a child's) and hear their questions that you truly view the concept from all sides.  

To be honest my children have taught me more about what I "thought" I knew than any teacher every could have!  They ask questions and see thing so differently than I do.  I feel so blessed to be able to have their view of  life, it really helps me put things in perspective.  What a shame it would be for me to not hear their ideas, this world is so much prettier through their eyes.  They see a simpler place where people help each other just because someone else needs it and they have a pureness that is not complicated by the logistics of this world.


My son expressed an interest in building hotels for homeless people and giving them access to the internet so they can look for jobs.  He wants people from all over to come together to help pay for these hotels.  He can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to help.  I love his heart for people in-need and I pray 
that God will help me find a way to nurture his passion for hurt and discarded people.



After seeing a family pushing a stroller down a busy street my sweet little girl asked me, "Mama if people really need a car why won't the people that own those car lots just give them one, they have so many."  I told her that people sell those cars to get money.  She looked at me with a sad look on her face and said, "Well I would give them one if I had all those cars."




My children's hearts are so pure and uncorrupted by the strong opinions of this world.  They believe in kindness without questions and that goodness existences inside of all people.  We could all learn a lot from our little blessings, perhaps they are sent here to remind us of the pure world that God had originally created and to help us see a glimpse of what waits for us "back home"!
your photo name

1 comment:

  1. T.C. looks to old that picture and I don't like it!!! I think your children have compassionate, caring, beautiful hearts partly because of their parents!! love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

If you really want to make me smile then leave me a message, I would love to hear your thoughts....