Thursday, April 14, 2011

Confessions of a Baby Holder

Giving that we live in a "Baby Wise" era I feel the need to make this confession......I hold my baby while she sleeps!"  I can admit to it...well at least I can now anyway.  I can't help it, I like my sleeping baby snuggles.. it's one of my "mommy indulgences."  Honestly, I have to admit that I feel like a fish swimming against the stream on this particular issue.  This isn't the only child of mine that I have held while they snooze, I have taken this liberty with each of my sweet little bundles of joy.  Now, before you judge me to harshly you should know that I do make sure that my babies have their time in their own beds when they have to get themselves to sleep.  It's kind of my happy compromise to the "Wise" theory.  Though I must say my children seem as well adjusted as the next child (for the most part).  Don't get me wrong I know the popular approach works, I have seen it's success many times.  However, I just felt the need to come clean and allow myself to no longer be ashamed of going against the grain on this one.   I just can't bring myself to give up those peaceful little sighs or the way it feels when those sweet little bodies just melt against me.  Well, since I am being so forthcoming I guess I can tell you....I'm holding a sleeping little angel right now.... and I won't make excuses about it.
your photo name

1 comment:

If you really want to make me smile then leave me a message, I would love to hear your thoughts....