Friday, April 1, 2011

Flashback from Shutterfly


Score   
October 14, 2008
Todd Christopher scored three times in his game today.  I am not sure if it was because all of his practicing finally paid off or because Todd promised McDonalds if he scored a goal.  Whichever the case may be we are still very proud of him.




Pictures   
October 18, 2008

We went to Droop Mountain today to take some fall pictures. What an amazing view! The kids had a great time playing in the leaves and on the playground (which is what I used to bribe them through the pictures). It isn’t until I looked at the photos that I truly realized just how big they are getting.







Tests   
October 29, 2008
Well, we are in the middle of another round of tests (these are very stressful times for us). During test times Todd is gone a lot more and the kids get a lot less daddy time, which means mama is on fulltime duty. I know this is only temporary and we will get through it, but it is hard to watch Todd sacrifice so much of a "normal life" so he can study non-stop. He is going to take off a little time on Friday to go trick-or-treating with the kids, which should be a lot of fun. If we have learned anything it is to appreciate every moment we can share together no matter how big or small.
We are defiantly feeling the prayers so please keep them coming!



Funny  
October 29, 2008
Todd Christopher informed me the other day that he was going to be a school bus driver when he grows up (this comes after a recent field trip). He said that he was going to take kids to school in the morning and then go to his other job, building rockets during the afternoon, until it was time to pick up the children from school. Although it is interesting to say the least, I am thrilled that he at least has some ambition.


Homesick   
November 15, 2008

I realized something after this trip back to Charleston; I am more homesick than I realized. Don't get me wrong I love Lewisburg and our new house but there is something to be said for familiar faces and places. I didn't even realize that I was missing my old routines until I had a small taste of them again. We have so many wonderful memories back there and I guess they all came flooding back at once (triggering a small emotional awakening or breakdown whatever you want to call it). I am better now; maybe I just needed to have a moment!
Believe it or not Addyson will be a year old this Tuesday. To think that a whole year has passed since she was born just amazes me.
Please keep sending us your comments we love hearing from everyone!

Little Match Makers   
December 6, 2008

So tonight our little darlings decided to create a surprise for their mommy and daddy. They worked for at least two hours on setting up a restaurant in the girls bedroom. They made menus and signs (arrows lining the hallway directing us to their room). Finally, I asked them what they were doing and they said "making dinner for you and daddy so you can have a date." If that isn't the sweetest thing I don't know what is.... When Todd came in from studying they ushered us to the room where they had set a table for us with plates, silverware, and even a centerpiece (from Kayla’s princess tea party set). The closet was the restaurant’s kitchen where they prepared the food. The event came complete with a choreographed show to entertain us while we ate. I am so blessed to have such wonderful children! I think I will cherish this evening for the rest of my life.


I think Todd would agree that this was the best date we ever had!!!
your photo name

1 comment:

  1. You and your siblings used to do the same thing when you were klittle. I cannot tell you the happy memories I hold so dear of the dinners and off off way off, broadway worthy productions you all performed for us. No wonder you have such wonderful children, its genetic. Hey, those wonderful kids of yours are my wonderful grandchildren. Your momma

    ReplyDelete

If you really want to make me smile then leave me a message, I would love to hear your thoughts....