Thursday, April 21, 2011

If This Was a Test Then I Get an F

You could say that I have never been one to assert myself!  I have always hated any type of confrontation or even the remote possibility of confrontation.  Now that I have children I have tried to overcome my inability to speak up.


It is pretty safe to say that I failed this time!  At the dentist office, I went up to the front desk to tell them I needed to go back with my daughter (my son was already back there too).  I was told by the receptionist to just wait until the dentist was ready to talk to me about all three of my children.  A little taken aback I said, "Well I would like to check on my daughter."  She then proceeded to look back towards the chairs where my daughter was and said, "I can see her she's doing fine."  I walked back to my seat in a state of shock.

The longer I sat there the more angry I became...
so I told them how I felt...
well most people would have I am sure, but of course I said nothing.

I kept saying (to myself), "You won't let me go to MY children!"  I could never bring myself to say those words out loud and as you can tell, I am obviously still upset.  Although, I never believed that my children were in any real danger, the thought of someone else telling me that I couldn't see them still blows my mind.

I WILL do better next time ...simply because my kids are counting on me.  No longer will my need to not offend someone, interfere with the needs of my little ones! 

Sweet babies your mama is a work in progress, I will never claim to be perfect.  However, I will always work hard to make your tomorrow even better than your today.


View Photo0300...jpg in slide show
Addyson's first time letting the
dentist work on her teeth.
your photo name

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if it was the hormones, or what, but when I had Rowan, my aggresive side came out like a lion. Here's a link to a post I wrote a while back, that shows just that:


    http://www.facebook.com/?closeTheater=1#!/note.php?note_id=334166918847


    Keep up the good work, Carrie. You're an awesome Mama, and your kiddos are lucky to have you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotten more vocal since my little guy has had to go through so much. I let my voice be heard more than I ever thought I would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany, thanks for sharing your post! I am so proud of you...I hope I can be that strong for my kids from now on. I think your a great mother too!!

    Kara, I can only imagine how much you and poor little Jed have had to endure! Having kids will and must change us into the people they need us to be! I think your a great mom as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your fiesty but always polite little sisterMay 9, 2011 at 1:23 PM

    Carrie-- for the future they have dentist offices designed for children that will let you go back when you want. I would look for those going forward and I would not go back there. If you need me to call them I will, you know I will speak my mind. The next time just say excuse me to the lady and give her your phone and I promise she will let you back after I talk to her. I always and forever will have your back.

    ReplyDelete

If you really want to make me smile then leave me a message, I would love to hear your thoughts....