Friday, April 29, 2011

Work Hard for Me

We are trying hard to establish deep-rooted work ethics in our children.  We teach them that anything in life worth doing takes sacrifice, dedication and yes, a lot of hard work.  On our journey we have had many teachable opportunities to demonstrate this for our little ones.  Although, each new day brings with it it's own set of challenges, we know that all of this is for a greater purpose.  

Often we will gather together before daddy leaves for work and pray for God
to help us work hard throughout our day. 
 We pray for strength, peace, joy and the ability to see every blessing that each day holds for us. 
(They are easy to miss if your not looking for them.)  

At the end of most days daddy will ask them, "What was your favorite thing that you did today?  What didn't go so well? and "Did you work hard today?"
Each one takes their turn telling him about their day, sharing the good and the bad!  They love this time with their daddy and it also helps to serve as a reminder during their day that they need to work hard!



Many times throughout my day a little one will tug at me and ask, "Mama where's daddy?"
I'll remind her that he is at work and then this sweet little voice will say,
  "Is he working hard for me?" 



Even if today gets hard and frustrating at times I will find the strength to keep going because if that sweet little voice should happen to ask, "Did you work hard for me?"..... I want my answer to always be, "YES!"


your photo name

4 comments:

  1. This post brought tears to my eyes. I can actually place myself there and see this moment with them. I think you should write a book, to teach, share, and inspire young mothers throughout their new journey. You know I would be first in line to buy it. I know I would love to have something like this when I'm at that special place in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and I love that you are and have always been my biggest fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been cheering you on since I can remember. I have always thought and I will always think that there isn't anything you can't do..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really think you should do it....it would be the perfect little book for a new momma who needs a little inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

If you really want to make me smile then leave me a message, I would love to hear your thoughts....